Here you’ll find the answers to frequently asked questions about the Repatriation and Departure Service (DT&V)
4 questions and answers about our policy
- Is the return policy part of the Dutch government's alien's policy?
- Does the DT&V join in on the thinking process for the Dutch government's alien’s policy?
- Where does the responsibility of the IND end and where does that of the DT&V start?
- Does the DT&V ever check to see if the IND did its work properly?
23 questions and answers about our work
- What role does the DT&V play once a residence application has been turned down?
- With whom does the DT&V work?
- What do the interviews with the foreign national entail?
- Is the foreign national entitled to a lawyer?
- What does the DT&V do if, during a departure-related interview, it appears as though the foreign national wants to (re)apply for asylum?
- Where do the DT&V employees work?
- Does the DT&V work with the Dutch Council for Refugees?
- What does the DT&V do to ensure that foreign nationals who leave the Netherlands are able to travel to their country of origin?
- Can a person always return voluntarily?
- How does the DT&V arrange the repatriation/return?
- Can a foreign national also return to a country that is not his or her country of origin?
- If a foreign national indicates that he or she wants to return, but is unable to, why can't he or she just stay?
- When are foreign nationals removed with force by the government?
- How does the DT&V deal with a foreign national who must leave the Netherlands, but has a medical problem?
- Why do foreign nationals end up in a detention facility for foreign nationals?
- How does the DT&V deal with unaccompanied minor foreign nationals who are not allowed to stay?
- Why are children not allowed to finish their school year?
- Why are children taken out of bed in the morning to be removed?
- Do foreign nationals ever end up on the streets?
- Are there differences in terms of the locations where foreign nationals are accommodated?
- Does the Netherlands monitor how a person is doing once they arrive in their country of origin?
- Does a foreign national receive money when returning to his or her country of origin?
- What type of flight is used to remove foreign nationals?