New remigration policy for third-country nationals from Ukraine
Between June and August 2023, the remigration policy will again apply to third-country nationals with a (temporary) residence permit in Ukraine who have fled to the Netherlands. With the remigration policy, they can apply for extra support before leaving the Netherlands.
With the remigration policy, third-country nationals with a (temporary) residence permit in Ukraine who were registered in the Netherlands in the Personal Records Database (BRP) before 19 July 2022 receive support and a financial contribution upon return. This aid is intended to build a future in their country of origin, or a country outside the European Union where their permanent residence is guaranteed.
What support does the DT&V offer?
The remigration support consists of:
- Advice and information about remigration
- One-way flight ticket
- Guidance upon departure at Schiphol Airport
- A one-off financial contribution:
- € 5000 per person when registering in the period from June 1 to June 30, 2023 and departure within one month after registration. The amount is received upon departure at Schiphol Airport.
- € 2000 per person for registration in the period from 1 July to 31 July 2023 and departure within one month after registration. The amount is received upon departure at Schiphol Airport.
Stimulate voluntary departure
The remigration policy was first implemented at the end of 2022. The policy is intended to actively encourage third-country nationals from Ukraine who had a temporary right of residence there for study or work, for example, to leave voluntarily before the RTB would expire for many of them. This is to prevent this group from ending up in the asylum procedure and thus making use of the already scarce asylum reception in the Netherlands. In March of this year, the cabinet decided that these third-country nationals may stay in the Netherlands until 4 September 2023 under the RTB. From that moment on, they no longer have the same rights as refugees from Ukraine.
For registration and the conditions, see the page about the remigration policy.