Return support for non-Ukrainian refugees from Ukraine
Did you flee Ukraine, but you're not a Ukrainian citizen? Under the remigration policy, the Dutch Repatriation and Departure Service (DT&V) can offer you extra assistance and financial support for return to your country of origin or a country outside the European Union. You can make use of this support if you meet the conditions and apply between 1 Juni and 1 August 2023.
What can the DT&V do for you?
DT&V can offer you help in the following ways:
- Advice and information about repatriation and return.
- One-way airline ticket.
- Assistance during your departure from Schiphol Airport.
- Financial support, to be received at Schiphol Airport:
- € 5.000 per person if you apply between 1 June and 30 June 2023 and leave the Netherlands within one month of applying.
- € 2.000 per person if you apply between 1 July and 31 July 2023 and leave the Netherlands within one month of applying.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible under the remigration policy if you meet the following conditions:
- You have/had a (temporary) residence permit for Ukraine.
- You were registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) of a Dutch municipality before 19 July 2022.
- You agree to cooperate with the DT&V by providing or releasing the necessary information and following instructions relating to my departure.
- You declare in writing in the application or at a later stage, but before departure, that you withdraw any pending residency procedures and, in the case of a residence permit, waive the right to residence.
- Your departure from the Netherlands would not mean the cancellation of any criminal prosecution or extradition charges involving you.
- You are a citizen of a third country, not Ukraine, an EU Member State, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, the United States or Switzerland.
- You possess a valid travel document with which departure to your country of origin or another country outside the European Union for which you hold long-term residence status, can actually be realised.
Sign up before the deadline!
You can only receive assistance under the remigration policy if you apply before 1 August 2023. Apply by completing and sending the online form. Or print out the form in PDF, complete it, take a photo and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. After we receive your application, one of our staff members will contact you.
Note: You can fly between 7 and 30 days after your application. DT&V arranges your flight ticket, but you are responsible for other preparations before your departure, such as taking any mandatory COVID-19 test or sending excess baggage. You must also take care of completing your current affairs in the Netherlands, including, for example, informing your employer and closing your bank account.
Do you have questions about the Temporary Protection Directive, visit the IND website. For frequently asked questions about the remigration policy, see this page. For other questions send an e-mail to email@example.com.