Policy and rules
As with the Dutch asylum policy, the entire return policy for foreign nationals is part of the Dutch government's alien’s policy. Here you find the most important policy and rules regarding the repatration policy. The links lead to the original texts.
Important Articles of the Aliens Act 2000 are:
- Article 59: Detention of foreign nationals.
- Article 61: Obligation to depart.
- Article 62: Departure term.
- Article 63: Forced removal in the event of a refusal to comply with the obligation to depart.
Aliens Act 2000 (official Dutch version).
Want to know more about Dutch asylum and migration policies?
- Asylum policy (Government.nl)
- Asylum (IND.nl)
- Remigration (Government.nl)
You can read more about the rules around the Duty to return.