Costs to be recovered
The carrier is responsible for the costs of removal of an inadmissible foreign national. Examples of costs of removal are:
- Costs of stay
- Costs of an identity investigation (language analysis)
- Costs of a replacement travel document
- Transport costs for presenting the inadmissible person to the authorities of the country of origin
- Costs of an escort by the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee
- Costs for carrying out the removal
- Administrative costs
The rates laid down by law are mentioned in the list of rates (Appendix 22 to the Aliens Regulations 2000). These standardised rates are the removal costs and costs of stay incurred by the Dutch government for foreign nationals who have been refused entry to the Netherlands. The rates are based on the actual costs incurred by the various authorities involved.
On separate pages the costs for which the carrier is liable are described for each cost type. Also is explained how the costs are calculated, including some examples.